Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sometimes I wonder why I bother waking up.

Well, it's been a few days since I've tried jumping back into the whole work regiment and the results haven't been great so far. For the most part, and easy-going schedule usually has me do about 5 pages of recon work a day. A few weeks back when it was peak deadline crunch I was hovering closer to 9-11. So far this week, I've been doing about 2 and a half per day. That's pretty weak. Granted it's Golden Age stuff which seems to get pretty crazy and goofy with the colors at times, but that's still some sad progress.

Ideally, I'd like to avoid spending ALL day working. A 9-to-5 day for 5 days a week schedule is basically an impossibility for anyone who freelances (you guys know what I'm talking about). But I'd love to wind it down to 10 hours per day for 7 days a week? That's reasonable. That would give me much more time to draw, play video games and watch an occasional movie or two. But, first and foremost, my ass needs to get faster on this Golden Age work.

So today, I did this doodle. I have no idea who it is. There is not story or background behind, I just wanted to mess around with a more cartoony style today. I ain't getting paid for it, I'll do what I want dammit! :P

2 comments:

  1. This is no doubt going to sound totally dumb and all fangirl, but I literally cannot believe that this is what comes out when you doodle. I am in awe of your talent, Wes. SERIOUSLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Thanks Liz. Admittedly, it did turn out decent which is a pleasant surprise. These I never know when I'll sit to do a little drawing and wind up shooting blanks instead.

    ReplyDelete