Tuesday, May 10, 2011

If I only had a brain..

.. then I'd come up with a better title than that. So I sat down to do some practice drawing again, but as often is the case, nothing came to mind. Fortunately, I remembered the scarecrow mask (not the Batman villain) that I made for last years Halloween costume. With nothing else better in mind to work with,  I started doodling some scarecrow silhouettes and hope that something would hit me. This is pretty much all I came up with, but hey at least I got some practice time in.

I liked the last one so I decided to work with that a little more. I basically just cut and paste the torso of that one and enlarged to play around with.

This ended being  the result. It's not a finished or refined drawing and was never meant to be. It's basically me just wandering aimlessly in the digital painting world and trying to learn something as I go along. Hopefully once I get better I can come back and do more of a finished piece.

4 comments:

  1. WANT! Very cool, Wesley! Are you practicing for that inevitable day when I ask you to draw a story of mine? Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if you can wait a decade for me to slowly get it done!


    I should find a song to set my drawing training to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Just put on "Flight of the Bumblebee" and start churning more of this out!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dan!

    Not a bad suggestion.

    ReplyDelete