Friday, July 6, 2012

Adam and Teela in the Garden of Eternia?

Yesterday, I got it in my head that I wanted to do a little mash-up between the old biblical Garden of Eden story and Masters of the Universe. I'm sure it's been done before since it's just a goofily obvious thing.. Adam, Snake-men.. well that's about it really.

I was about 5 years old when Catholicism and Masters of the Universe came into my life. Both were actually pretty important to me very early on in my life, but eventually I'd leave them both behind. Eventually, MOTU would re-enter my life, but religion wouldn't. Also, during my time in Catholic school, I think I learned more about morals from He-Man than the school itself. Heh.

I'll clarify though that I've got nothing against any religion. While I find that some followers can be a bit overzealous in their attempts to share their faith, I do find that religion as a whole can be a good thing that provides people with hope and guidance. However, the organized aspect of it isn't my cup of tea. These days, I just try to do right by others as best I can.

And that's the last I'll mention religion on my blog (unless it's relevant to a drawing or something).

Anywho.. I haven't colored the image yet.. not sure when I'll do that. But here's the pencils and inks. The pencil sketch was done in Adobe Photoshop. The finished inks were done in Manga Studio. I'm starting to get used to doing things completely digitally. The Cintiq helps a lot with this for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment